Is It A Pet Emergency?
Some emergencies will require your pet to receive intensive or 24-hr care. WE ARE NOT a 24-hr facility. If your veterinarian has recommended overnight care, we recommend you visit the nearest 24-hour facility since we do not offer overnight care.
WHAT IF I’M NOT SURE?
During our normal hours, call us or book an appointment. The veterinary team at Dallas Animal Urgent Care is here to help you obtain the veterinary care your pet needs. Together we can talk about your pet’s condition so that your pet receives the appropriate level of care.
Pet urgent needs and emergencies include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Trauma (e.g. hit by car, animal bite wounds, falls, gunshot wounds, lacerations)
- Eye injuries
- Irregular breathing, shortness of breath, prolonged or heavy panting
- Severe or sudden onset of pain
- Weakness or paralysis
- Blood loss
- Broken bones
- Difficulty giving birth
- Toxin or foreign object ingestion (i.e. sock, toy, etc)
- Facial Swelling
- Vomiting or Diarrhea, especially if they have become bloody
- Heatstroke or heat exhaustion
- High fever
- Snake bites
- Seizures or other neurologic signs
- Inability to urinate or defecate